Type ‘top EHR software’ on the Google search bar and AllMeds and Allegiance MD will the first two names that pop up. Why? Because these are two of the leading EHR software companies in today’s healthcare industry. Owing to their remarkable reputation, both these software are a ‘dream come true’ for any medical practice or business.
For a new buyer looking to purchase an EHR software for their practice, it can be rather confusing while selecting between the two. To help you with that, in this article, we are going to compare the features, pricing, and reviews of both AllMeds and Allegiance MD EMR Softwares. Apart from that, we’ll also be discussing their pros and cons so you can decide which one works better for your practice. So, without further ado, let’s begin!
What is AllMeds EHR?
To give you a short answer, AllMeds EHR is a cloud-based and on-premise electronic health recording solution that automates business and clinical administrative functions. Although this solution is primarily developed for surgical specialties, however, it can support non-surgical groups as well. AllMeds EMR is suitable for pain management, orthopedics, urology, neurosurgery, otolaryngology, primary care, and others.
The software features an integrated eRx that allows medical health providers to locate ideal medications and electronically send prescriptions to pharmacies. Other than that, it has cloud-based storage where you can securely store a patient’s medical history. This also allows you to access their records with a simple tap on your smartphone. The software was developed by AllMeds – a US-based company founded in 1987.
AllMeds Review Rating
Based on our expert reviews, AllMeds received an average rating of 3.8 stars out of 5.
The software has a customer base of medical practices and businesses of all sizes and specialties. This means it can be employed in a variety of domains such as family practice, pain management, podiatry, orthopedic surgery, internal medicine, and others.
AllMeds EHR software offers the following features:
- A comprehensive program for scheduling appointments including features such as color-coding patient schedules for quick reference, Temporary Patient Registration, Reviewing Appointment History, Call Scheduling, and Patient reminders or recalls.
- Claim Management Services, such as real-time claims, claim adjudication, claim status, and eligibility. It also offers the option for electronic patient statements, electronic remittance advice, and rules-based claim management.
- Revenue Cycle Management. It minimizes the risk of compliance and ensures proper documentation of finances. This also helps to improve the net and increased collection percentage.
- Payment Posting
- E/M Coding
- Patient Portal
- Posting of charges from Superbills
- Denial Management
- Customizable charge entry screen
- Voice Recognition
AllMeds EHR – Pros and Cons
Like any EHR software, AllMeds comes with its fair share of pros and cons:
- The billing system is extremely easy to understand and works efficiently.
- The customization features allow every medical specialty to work with them without any hassle.
- The claim module is pretty neat and easy to understand.
- The interface is very well-laid and simple making it extremely easy to understand for new patients.
- The patient chart needs a lot of scrolling which can be rather tiring for the users.
- The program often lags resulting in a loss of data.
- Making a Template can be rather time-consuming.
What is Allegiance MD EHR?
AllegianceMD is a cloud-based medical software that provides a variety of solutions to small and mid-size medical practices. These include prescription of medications, claim management, practice management for billing and scheduling, and an electronic medical record. Apart from this, it also offers a reporting module for its users. The software was developed by AllegianceMD – a US-based company.
Allegiance MD Review Ratings
Based on our expert reviews, Allegiance MD received an average rating of 4.3 stars out of 5.
Allegiance MD Customers
The software has a customer base of small and medium-size medical businesses and hospitals. It is typically used in ambulatory care, eye-care centers, surgery centers, internal medicine, etc.
AllegianceMD EHR software offers the following features:
- Core Practice Management including billing and accounting management
- Electronic Statements
- Claim Management
- Online Code Sets
- Patient Scheduling
- Patient Record Management
- Prescription reporting, writing, and transcription
- Laboratory and X-ray management features
- Medication and Diagnosis Services
- Provides a simple interface with graphic visuals that helps to keep track of appointments.
- Billing Management Services which includes accounts receivable, accounting integration, and check scanning, collection management, invoice management, patient billing estimate, decision support, patient eligibility, and payment processing.
- Unlimited storage for patient documents and records.
AllMeds EHR – Pros and Cons
Like any EHR software, AllegianceMD comes with its fair share of pros and cons:
- The system is very easy to use, learn, and train to new patients.
- The interface is fairly simple with graphic visuals helps to keep track of appointments.
- The company offers excellent customer support services.
- The system is relatively advanced as compared to other softwares in terms of performance and features.
- The patient chart has a lot of issues. It often lags during scrolling which results in frustration.
- Although the billing features are very extensive, it still isn’t as reliable as it should be.
Which one is the Best for Your Practice?
Here is your complete comparison between the features, pricing, and reviews of AllMeds and Allegiance MD EHR demo. Whenever you’re thinking of implementing an EHR software for your practice, it’s important to understand that one size does not fit all. Just because AllMeds EMR may have benefitted your competitor immensely, doesn’t mean it’ll do the same for your practice as well, and vice versa. Based on the detailed review in this article, try to understand which EMR software will be better for your company. This decision is important as selecting a wrong EMR software for your business can potentially cause inefficiencies in your practice and result in major loss. The type of software you select for your business will eventually depend on the size, specialty, and needs of your practice. We hope this article was a great help in clearing things out and making it easier for you to make a decision.