How to uninstall Webroot antivirus from Window systems?
Web threats are increasing, and we must keep ourselves protected at any cost.
There is many antivirus software in the industry, free and paid. Still, Webroot is one of the best that provides complete security.
Webroot offers advance security along with a firewall that secures your online environment.
Though in some cases the program can show technical error or problem. In that case, you might want to remove or upgrade to a stable version.
So, the first thing you need to do is uninstall the software. It does sound simple, but sometimes it can be hard to uninstall it from your PC.
Without uninstalling Webroot, you cannot install a new version or different software. If you want to remove Webroot completely, then follow the various methods below.
We have covered the simplest to the complicated way of deleting the software. So, read along.
Method 1: Delete Webroot SecureAnywhere via uninstalling wizard
- Go to the Control Panel and click on
- After that, click on Uninstall a program.
- Now, from the list of programs, right-click on Webroot SecureAnywhere and then click on Uninstall.
- The uninstall wizard will open, enter the reCAPTCHA, and follow the on-screen instruction.
- Once done with the uninstallation process, click on Close.
Method 2: Delete Webroot SecureAnywhere manually
- First, you need to reboot your computer in “safe mode”.
- After that run Command Prompt as “administrator”.
- When the Command Prompt window opens, enter this command.
C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe” –uninstall, you can even copy and paste this text.
- Now, hit the Enter key and you will be prompted to uninstall Webroot. On the window, enter reCAPTCHA and follow the on-screen instruction and finish the process.
Even after following the above methods, you cannot remove the antivirus then try the below ones. They are not complicated but tricky; make sure to follow the right way.
Method 3: Creating a System Restore Point
You have to follow this method first because it is recommended to create a system restore point before following the rest methods.
In case you can’t or don’t want to create a restore point, skip this method.
In Windows XP
- Click on the Start button, go to All programs and then Accessories.
- After that, click on System tools then System Restore and finally Create a restore point.
Windows 7, 8 & 10
- Right-click on My Computer and then click on Properties.
- On the System window, click on System protection and then click on Create (it’s at the bottom).
Method 4: Delete Webroot by running the utility CleanWDF.exe file
- First, you need to download Webroot Utility tool from here.
- After that run the exe file.
- When the window opens, click on Clean to begin removing process.
- The cleaner will then detect the Webroot software and remove it.
- Once done, you will see a “Removal Completed” window. You need to reboot the computer, click Yes to proceed or No to do later.
Method 5: Delete Webroot by running WRUpgradeTool.exe file
- First, you need to download and save the WRUpgradeToo.exe utility tool on your computer. Click here to download.
- Once the download completes and you need to run the file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and uninstall the Webroot antivirus program.
- Once the process completes, you will see the “Removal procedures have been completed” window.
- Click on Close, and you will be prompted to restart the computer. It is recommended to reboot the computer now itself.
Even after following the methods, you’re unsuccessful to uninstall the software then submit a customer support ticket.
Visit Here for deeply know: How to uninstall Webroot antivirus from Window systems